Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tae Bo or Not Tae Bo - That is the Question

I need to lose some weight, its not too bad, just 5kgs or so (10 would be nice).  I don’t mind exercising (if I’m in the mood) bit like the housework really!

I live in a small town and on a Monday and Friday night go to the local Recreation Centre and do Konga, if you’re not familiar with it, take a look here:  http://thejunglebody.com.au/classes/konga

Loving Konga, just wish we could do it three times a week, we generally burn about 700 calories in an hour and it’s not too hard.  All different age groups come and everyone manages to keep up.

So, a Tae Bo class has started at the Rec Centre on a Friday morning, I went along and loved that too!  Once again all different age groups were there and its great, love all the boxing moves.  I just picture the Wanker’s face when I’m doing it, lol.

Because the Tae Bo is only one day a week, I thought I’d have a look and download some so I could do it at home.  Found a Billy Blanks Advanced Tae Bo, so I downloaded it (took three days and half my download allowance for the month but that’s okay. 

Can you see the mistake I made though?  Yes, Advanced Tae Bo.  What was I thinking?  Take what we do on a Friday morning, increase the pace by four, increase the reps by six and you’re a walking (just) ball of sweat.

I couldn’t finish it, it was insane.  So today I looked on Youtube (wish I’d done that in the first place) and here’s a snippet


I think I’ll do this one for now on, not Advanced. 

Now if only I could replace my wine intake with water, I may actually lose some weight. 

And stop making these 

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Hmmm…

2 comments:

  1. Everything in moderation. Don't take away the cookies! LOL

    I figure if I'm not gaining weight with what I'm eating when I'm not exercising, I can still eat all the crap I eat when I do exercise. Make sense? I think it's perfectly logical. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you're coming from. I used to be like that, but I've been getting a bit of exercise lately (compared with ...none! lol). I've just been eating a lot of crap these last few months, late at night too. Naughty, naughty!

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Let me know!