Sunday, March 27, 2011

A New Journey

After weighing myself this morning, I'm thinking this will become a blog about my weight loss journey!

Ahhhh!
However, when I weighed myself on the carpet, I got this result!

I prefer this one

Maybe I'll just move the scales to the carpet from now on!

Seriously, I'm only 5'2" (157cm) tall and really shouldn't be this weight.  It's all belly and hips, and the thing is - I know how to lose weight, I know about eating properly and exercising.  I've just been lazy.

Yesterday, we went to a kids party (a bestie's kid) so there was adult partying too.  Anyhoo, I drank a bottle of wine (not unusual for me, I'm afraid!) ate some party food, not that much, but came home, made myself a bacon and egg burger and ate it while watching an episode of The Biggest Loser (that I'd recorded).  I knew how wrong that was while I was doing it and to be honest, I wasn't even hungry.   Just felt like eating.

I usually hover between 60 - 63kgs and that's comfortable for me, I would like to be around 57kg though which is a healthy BMI and all that crap.

Tae Bo is for me, started a few weeks ago at a class in town and love it, have found it on Youtube so I can do it whenever I want now in the comfort of my own home.

I also have a 'dry' house at the moment, well I do have some bubbly in the pantry but it's not going near the fridge!  I drink a lot, compared to most of the population, it's not uncommon for me to drink two bottles of wine over three nights (most nights).  At the same time, when I'm trying to lose weight, I don't drink - nothing to worry about - I don't have an alcohol problem.

There's beer in the fridge because I do like a beer in the afternoon after a hot day (which we're still having here).  I'm sucking on one right now - it is low carb though! lol.

So, my new journey begins, I'll try to post about it every Sunday, with photographic evidence.  It's my daughter's 5th birthday on the 21st April, so I'd like to be back to 63kg by then, hopefully even lighter.

Wish me luck!

Talk soon
Doodah

3 comments:

  1. Can i have those scales... Or maybe i just need carpet...? My whole house is tiles so i weighed the same all over :o( & this week i gained a kilo - so carpet help really would have been lovely for me too! :D
    PS *LUCK*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd totally go by the carpet reading!!! I'm trying to become healthier at the moment and always find inspiration from other people who blog their weight loss journeys - you should check out Diminishing Lucy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always check out Lucy's blog, she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Let me know!