Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Girlfriend


Wanker has a girlfriend.  The kids told me when they got home from his place the other day.  I asked Tahlia ‘Who did your hair for school?’ ‘Daddy’s girlfriend’.  ‘Did she come over this morning or did she stay with Daddy last night?’ ‘She slept at Daddy’s house.’

Sound jealous, don’t I?  Seriously, I’m not.  I have no feelings for the Wanker, he could’ve rooted around on me while we were married and it wouldn’t have bothered me.  Given the opportunity, I probably would have, I don’t think he’d have any reason to be upset about it.  He wasn’t giving me any so why shouldn’t I get it somewhere else?  Of course, those opportunities didn’t actually come up so it wasn’t an issue and I really don’t think he was unfaithful because he’s really not that kind of guy.  Now I sound naïve! 

Many years ago a couple of weeks before he was to be married, he found out his fiancé was cheating on him.  He was gutted (obviously) and hates people who do that.

The fact that he’s found someone doesn’t surprise me at all - he’s never been one to be on his own for any length of time.  He’s had a few long term relationships but he’s gone from one to the other without a break.  Hell, he was still living with his ex-girlfriend (she hadn’t moved out yet) when he started seeing me!

Plus, there’s the fact that he hasn’t changed his Paypal password and I check it every now and then to see what he’s wasting his money on.  In January he paid a company called ‘eHarmony’, not sure what kind of company this is, heehee!  Nothing wrong with internet dating, I’ll probably do it myself when I’m ready.

I’m not ready, not because I’m grieving the breakup of my marriage – far from it.  It’s just that it hasn’t really occurred to me to go looking, it’s just not on my mind.

The thing that does bother me about the Wanker having a girlfriend is the ‘sleepover’ while my kids are there.  I’ve already decided that if and when I do meet someone, they won’t be ‘sleeping over’ when the kids are here.  We can do that when they’re at their dad’s.  Obviously later on, that will change if a good relationship develops.

The other thing is that he lies to the kids.  When he first moved out, he called his house the ‘work house’ supposedly he was living there because it was closer to work or something – I don’t know.  And now the girlfriend slept with Daddy because she didn’t have a car to get home and there wasn’t anywhere else in the house for her to sleep.

Just tell them the truth!  She’s sleeping with you because she’s your girlfriend.  The kids don’t care, they certainly rarely saw us sharing a bed, so it’s not a big deal to them, probably no different than them slipping in to my bed in the middle of the night.

I think Tahlia actually thought of me and the Wanker as brother and sister rather than husband and wife, funny that.

Anyhoo, I’m glad that he’s found someone and not surprised at all.  I’m hoping that she’ll talk some sense into him in regard to finalising a settlement  and ending the marriage.

It’s funny that the same day I found out about the girlfriend (the kids don’t remember her name! lol) he sent me an email asking how I’d feel about releasing $20k for each of us from our money so he can pay off his credit card.  (Our money from the sale of our house is tied up until we come to an agreement).  I have no intention of giving him $20k in total let alone giving him that much now.  I just emailed him back ‘No’, that’s it – no reasons or anything – just ‘no’.

What he is about to find out is that I’ve seen my lawyer and they’re passing on my settlement proposal to him this week.  Let the fun and games begin…again.

Talk Soon
Doodah 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh - let us know how it goes. Hope the new girl does make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! Hopefully it all gets settled for you quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Will be interested in his response.
    Will you be asking him not to have sleepovers while the kids are there or just let it slide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't actually speak to each other, Glowless. Pathetic, I know but I just can't stand the sight of him! We communicate via text and email, lol. So, yes - I'll let the sleepovers slide.
    The kids aren't phased by it so I suppose I shouldn't be either.

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Let me know!