Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm No Crafty Mumma!

A hate doing craft with the kids, I hate doing the playground thing, all of that stuff just irritates me and bores me to tears!  Yeah, bad parent, so shoot me!

We have a star chart and the kids are rewarded for good behaviour, nothing specific, just when they do things that make me happy.  I like to give them stars when they least expect it, just for doing (or not doing) something.  Sometimes they get one just for brushing their teeth without me having to tell them to do it.

I’ve put spots along the way, when the kids reach a special spot, they get a prize (courtesy of the $2 shop).  Tahlia earned a prize, so I went to my stash and came out with a Flower Making Kit.
Little did I realize that I would have to help her with it, damn!

So, we made little flowers and big flowers, multi-coloured flowers and spiky flowers.  I think we did a pretty good job!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great job. I know what you mean, and I actually do like craft! But craft with the kids is entirely different. And I just flat out refuse {almost} everytime one of my kids asks to pushed on the swing. I much prefer going to the playgrounds with Dad or someone else to that horrid job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for a craftophobe (I just made that up!). Those $2 shops are full of surprises aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool flowers :) You should check out Childhood 101's new book Art not Craft (support a fellow WA chick)

    ReplyDelete

Got an opinion? Let me know!