Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Boot Camp

So, I went to Boot Camp last week and due to school holidays, it wasn’t on.  A couple of the regular girls showed up to work out anyway, so I joined them.  We didn’t have any equipment, so just made do on our own.

Lots of running, and punching (into thin air), push-ups, dips (hating the dips), we did really well.  At the end, we stood and stretched our arms out at our sides and twirled them until we couldn’t do it any longer, bigger swirls then smaller ones.  We did it for at least a minute and it hurt like hell.  I thought that because I’d been doing Tae Bo and a fair bit of punching lately (not the kids!) that I’d be okay with arm exercises.  How wrong was I?  My upper arms hurt for about 5 days.

No Boot Camp today (still school holidays over here in the West) so back to it next week, I think it may kill me.

I’ve started the 12WBT (pre-season for now) and have ordered a Heart Rate Monitor (which the kids can give me for Mother’s Day) can’t wait to get it.  It’ll be interesting to see just how many calories I can burn in one session.  And if I go back for a second session, the girls told me it’s pretty hard core.

I’ve still been running around the paddock, Tahlia likes to sit in the corner and say, ‘ready, steady, go!’ every time I pass her.  I’ve been using my elliptical trainer as well, it’s a bit friendlier on my knees and I can go for longer.

I’m just trying to increase my fitness levels before Michelle Bridges starts whipping my arse.  She expects 6 training sessions a week and I better be prepared.

Talk Soon
Doodah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got an opinion? Let me know!